Hereinafter called as the Management of the one part
hereinafter called as the Artist of the other part.
01. This rider is an integral part of the contract to which it is attached and must be signed and returned with the contract. Any proposed alternations to this rider must be agreed between the Management and the Artist's representative before being made, otherwise all clauses must be strictly adhered to. All changes require written form. All arrangements in this rider are for the account and the responsibility of the Management.
02. The Management agrees to sign this contract and rider in all places indicated and return it to the Artist's representative at least four weeks prior to the engagement covered herein or within one week of receiving it, whichever is the sooner.
BILLING AND PUBLICITY
03. The Management agrees to give the Artist 100% sole headline billing as:
in all advertising and promotion pertaining to the engagement. The Artist's logo MUST be used wherever possible.
04. The Management shall not employ or permit the presence of any master of ceremonies, announcer or support act performer for the engagement, without the Artist's written consent, which may be withheld for any reason.
05. The Management guarantees that on all advertising and tickets relating to the Artist's performance there will be no restrictions, in particular with the regards to age or status.
06. The Management agrees that the Artist's name or likeness is not to be connected in any way with any form of sponsorship or endorsement of any kind including but not limited to commercial or political without the prior written agreement of the Artist's representative.
07. The Management agrees that he/she will not commit the Artist to any personal appearances, interviews or to any other type of promotion or social event without the prior written consent of the Artist.
08. It is agreed and understood that the Management must ensure that, at no cost to the Artist, provision is made for the Artist to safely part at least 3 (three) busses with trailer (60ft/18m) and 1 (one) truck (40ft/12m) outside the venue and that this space is kept from 02.00AM an the day of performance. These parking spaces must be available to the production at least until 06.00AM on the day after performance. The parking must be as close as possible to the load-in dock/stage/backstage area and the ways to said areas must be absolutely clear before, during and after the show. The Management will also supply 3 (three) 110 Volt source hook-up (16A) for the busses at no cost to the Artist by time of it's arrival. Please put the power supply in a position, where the Artist's bus drivers are able to easily find it or advise previously with a parking plot. Should said power supply not be in place on Artist's arrival, the Management agrees to pay a penalty of US$ 1000.- (one/zero/zero/zero/00/00; US-Dollars) in cash to the tourmanager. It is agreed and understood, that if the parking space is not reserved for the Artist by the Management on arrival, the Management will pay all fines and fees, which occur. Furthermore the Management agrees to provide and pay for outside security to guard the Artist's vehicles at least 2 (two) hours before doors open to 2 (two) hours after the performance.
09. The Management agrees to provide a stage of firm construction, free of any obstructions and on one flat level. Minimum stage dimensions to be 12 meters (40 feet) wide, 8 meters (26 feet) deep, 1,2 meters (4 feet) high, with a minimum of 5 meters (16 feet) headroom/clearance.
10. The Management agrees to provide at no additional cost to the Artist a three-phase power supply of not less than 60 amps per phase situated within 3 meters (10 feet) of the stage with neutral and solid earth.
11. The Management agrees to provide a carpeted drum riser with a minimum of 2,5 meters (8 feet) by 2,5 meters (8 feet) by 0,6 meters (2 feet) in height. The height should be measured from the floor to the underside of the rider and should be for the sole use of the Artist.
12. The Management agrees to provide a central area in the auditorium of the venue for the sound and lighting mixing equipment.
13. The Management MUST provide and pay for an immovable barrier of sturdy/solid construction, to be at least 1,2 meters (4 feet) high and 1,2 meter (4 feet) away form the stage, this barrier to span the width of the stage and PA wings and any points to the rear of the stage that the audience might have access to.
14. The Management agrees to ensure that the Artist's road crew have full and exclusive access to the venue, stage and power supply from 12.00PM onwards.
15. In the event of an additional act being employed, the Artist shall have the first right to set up for all instruments and properties used in the presentation and the aforesaid instruments and properties shall not be moved, relocated and/or used by any other than the Artist's road crew without prior permission form the Artist.
16. The Management agrees to provide and pay for at least 6 (six) able-bodied sober English speaking persons to assist the road crew in the unloading, setting-up, breaking-down and reloading of the Artist's equipment and 1 (one) runner with a valid driver's license, a working van with at least 7 (seven) seats and a good knowledge of the area. Such persons to be in attendance at the road crew's time of arrival until the road crew's final departure from the venue. The Management also agrees to pay a US$ 200.- (two/zero/zero/00/00; US-Dollars penalty per person, in the event that they are not in attendance. Any member of the crew supplied by the Management found to be incapable due to alcohol, drugs, fatigue, or any other kind of way must be replaced immediately. This clause is non-negotiable!
17. A Management representative with the authority to make decisions at the highest level must be available at all times after the arrival of the equipment. The house electrician is to be available one hour after access time and to be on call for the duration of the sound check, performance and departure times.
. Dressing Room
18. The Management agrees to supply 2 (two) clean, comfortable, heated, lockable dressing rooms for the exclusive use of the Artist. This should contain shower, washing and toilet facilities and a 110 Volt 16 Amp main socket. The key/s shall be held by the Artist or their representative/tourmanager. If the rooms are not lockable, adequate security must be provided. The stage should be accessible from the dressing room without passing through the audience area. This/these dressing room/s to be exclusive available to the Artist throughout the day from the time of their arrival to the time of their load-out and final departure.
19. A shower facility at the venue is absolutely essential. If there are no shower facilities with hot- and cold running water in the venue, the Management agrees to provide 2 (two) rooms in a good hotel in close proximity to the venue at no cost to the Artist. In the case that the hotel is not in walking distance a second runner with a working car and a valid driver's license must be provided by the Management at no cost to the Artist.
20. The Management agrees to provide and pay for 100 (one/zero/zero) clean, pre-washed towels, of which 40 (four/zero) must be bath-size. This clause is non-negotiable
21. The Management agrees to provide at no cost to the Artist, the catering listed in the hospitality rider attached to this rider. If for any reason any of the items listed in the hospitality rider cannot be supplied, Artist's representative shall be notified well in advance!
22. The Management agrees that they are solely responsible for backstage and front of house security and that only the Management, Artist, Artist's road crew and Artist's representative will be permitted backstage. Such security must ensure the safety of the Artist, their road crew, instruments and equipment throughout the duration of the engagement.
23. The Management will be held responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused (unless caused directly by the Artist or their road crew) to the Artist's personal effects and equipment before, during or after the Artist's performance. The value of the loss or damage will be calculated on the catalogue list price and will be payable immediately upon a receipt being received by the Management.
24. The Management is entirely responsible for any venue damage or public injury, unless directly caused by the Artist or Artist's road crew.
25. The Artist will have control over the house lighting system for the duration of the performance.
26. The Artist reserves the right of approval of any other artists to appear in conjunction with the performance, and the right to determinate the length and nature of their performance.
27. The Management agrees to ensure that there is absolutely no audio or visual recording of the Artist's performance without the specific written permission of the Artist's representative.
28. The Management agrees to provide the Artist with a guest list of a minimum of 30 (three/zero) persons per band who shall be admitted by the Management free of charge. The Management agrees that tin the event of the Artist's fee being related to a percentage of the receipts from ticket sales, then the quest list of the Management will be maximum 30 (three/zero) persons. This includes tickets used for promotion and raffled tickets
29. The Management agrees that in the event of the Artist's fee being related to a percentage of the receipts from ticket sales, then the following provisions shall apply:
a) The Artist's representative shall have the right to check numbers of admissions and box office receipts at any time during or prior to the performance. The Management must produce all unsold tickets and a certified printers manifest at the end of the engagement, for the Artist's inspection. All other tickets except those produced at the end of the engagement intact shall be deemed to have been sold. Any counterfeit tickets shall be the responsibility of the Management and the Artist shall receive their full percentage payment for admissions, which result from counterfeit tickets.
b) Percentage payments provided for hereunder shall be accompanied by a written signed statement from the Management, containing a full written account of expenditure and income related to the engagement together with full receipts etc. if requested by the Artist.
30. In the event of the Management selling tickets in excess of the agreed capacity of the venue, the Artist reserves the right to re-negotiate the terms of the contract.
31. The Artist reserves the exclusive right to sell or cause to be sold merchandise bearing the Artist's name or likeness. The Management agrees to provide a suitable, lighted area, containing two tables, two chairs and power supply, in the venue close to the main entrance, at no cost to the Artist, for this purpose.
Work & driving permits, Visas
32. The Management agrees to ensure, at no cost to the Artist, that all necessary work, parking and driving permits (including Sunday driving permits where applicable), as well as Visas for the Artist are applied for, obtained and delivered to the Artist (where applicable).
33. The management agrees to supply at his sole expense the following:
- 6 (six) 1k open dimming channels (for production with band)
- 8 (eight) 1k Lekos (with gobo holders)
- 96 (nine/six) 1k PAR64 lights hung on two parallel trusses
- 24 (two/four) 1k ACL's in banks of four hung on the back truss
- 8 (eight) 1k PAR64 cans on floor basses
- 2 (two) fully filled water based fog machines with remotes absolutely essential
- 4 (four) Data Flash Strobes plus remotes absolutely essential
- Gel-Lee or Rosco equivalent, two sheets of each 106, 139, 119, 126, 180, 181, 105, 101
- 4 (four) 8 light mole audience blinders mounted on the rear truss
- 3 (three) twelve inch fans absolutely essential
- we need 1 (one) good lighting engineer who is familiar with the system.
Be aware: Lighting trees in place of a rear truss will never be acceptable!!!
If for any reason any of the foregoing items cannot be supplied, Artist's representative shall be notified well in advance!
All system components must be in perfect working order and to be ready at load-in time.
34. The management agrees to supply at his sole expense the following:
A stereo hi-fidelity system of reproducing 30hz to 20khz with no distortion at house sound mix position. Artist's production manager shall determine number of boxes to ensure adequate / proper coverage of all audience areas. Preferred systems: EAW KF-850 with SB 1000 subs
QSC powerlite, Crest or Crown
Minimum 48 channel input house board with 10 stereo inputs, 8 subgroups, 8 VCA's, 4 band sweepable or parametric EQ, 48V phantom power, phase reverse, insert point, direct out & high pass filter on each channel, 10 aux sends, VCA mutes. Preferred: Yamaha PM-4000 48 channel with 10 stereo channels or Soundcraft Series 5 48 channel with 10 stereo channels. No Peavy, Mackie, Behringer etc. ARTIST does not share consoles with other acts!!!
Klark-Teknik DN-380 1/3 octave graphic EQ's to be inserted across L-R outputs of house console.
Proper crossovers/processors for system (EAW, XTA, etc.)
All fully accessible to Artist's Engineer!
Effects/Processing - Front of House
4 (four) multi-effect units - Yamaha SPX-1000, 900, 90 or 90 II
1 (one) multi effect unit - Yamaha SPX-990
2 (two) delay units - Roland SDE 3000
1 (one) Eventide Harmonizer - H-3500 DFX
12 (one/two) patchable compressors - DBX-160, 165 or Drawmer 241, 251, 441
6 (six) patchable gates - Drawmer DS-201, DS-501 or DBX 172
1 (one) CD player for wired playback
1 (one) cassette deck wired for playback & record
1 (one) DAT deck wired for playback & record
No Presonus, sphex "easy rider", audio arts, Behringer, etc. processing
Monitor System (to be set up STAGE LEFT)
Console - minimum 40 channel input FADER monitor board capable of 12 discrete mixes with selectable pre & post fader, on/off for each mix, 4 band sweepable or parametric EQ, 48V phantom power, phase reverse, insert point & direct out on each channel. Choices: Midas Heritage 3000 or XL 250 or Yamaha PM 4000 M
ARTIST does not share consoles with other acts!!!
10 (one/zero) 1/3 octave 31-band EQ's to be inserted across each mix.
Klark-Teknik DN 360
Ashly GQX, BSS
QSC powerlite, Crest or Crown
10 (one/zero) bi amped monitor wedges, 1x 12" with 2" horn or 2x 12" with 2" horn
EAW SM-200, EAW SM-222, EAW SM-400, Clair 12AM, 212 AM, Martin Audio etc.
2 way bi-amped drumfills 2x 15", 1x 2"
2 (two) stereo active tri amped sidefill speakers 2x 18" or 2x 15", 2x 12", 1x 2"
EAW KF-850, Clair R-4, Martin, Meyer etc.
Crossovers, Processors etc.
Proper units for monitor system EAW, Clair etc.
1 (one) multi effect unit Yamaha SPX 990
6 (six) patchable compressors Drawmer 241, 251, 441 or DBX 160, 165 series
6 (six) patchable gates Drawmer DS-201 or DBX 172
Selection of Shure, EV, Sennheiser, AKG, Beyer & Countryman units needed. Mic selections/input lists & stage plots to follow after Artist's rehearsals
XLR cables, subsnakes, mic stands etc.
Make sure all are in excellent working order.
If for any reason any of the foregoing items cannot be supplied, Artist's representative shall be notified well in advance!
All system components shall be powered, patched, labeled, in working order and to be ready at load-in time.
Absolutely no upper level balcony mix positions NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
Force majeure / miscellaneous
35. In the event that as a result of any illness or injury, detention resulting from inability to obtain reasonable modes of transportation, riots or other civil strife, strikes or other forms of labor disputes, epidemics, an act of order of any public or governmental authority or court, any Act of God, or any other cause beyond the Artist's reasonable control, the Artist shall be unable to fulfill the obligations an his part to be performed hereunder with regard to the engagement(s), then in such event neither party hereto shall be entitled to make any claim against the other party for non-fulfillment of any outstanding obligations yet to be performed on the part of such other party.
36. The Management warrants that he has the right to enter into this contract and is of legal age.
37. The Management agrees that any dispute or claim or any other legal matter concerning this contract shall be made in accordance with applicable Laws.
38. The Management agrees to complete, with as much detail as possible, a venue information sheet for each venue and return it with the signed contract.
39. The Management agrees to contact the Artist's representative immediately should there be any queries relating to the contract, additional clauses, rider or any other aspect of the Artist's performance.
40. Any alternation to any part of this rider has no legal standing and serves no constructive purpose unless first agreed by the Artist.